• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Korean BBQ in Queens

Shellygirl

I went to a Korean BBQ in Queens last year, and I can't seem to find it again! I believe it was on Northern Blvd, closer to Bayside than Flushing (I think). It was in the middle of a small strip mall with parking in the rear. I know there was a karaoke place next door. The raw meat was set up in a buffet style. You brought the meat back to your seat and cooked it on your table-grille. Please if anyone has any clue what I'm talking about, let me know!!!!!!!!

Thats so funny, I just got off the phone with them. I saw a picture on citysearch and I thought it looked familiar. Unfortunately the phone conversation left both me and the person on the other end so confused that we both just conceded to hang up. Thank you so much, I guess I will have to just go there to know for sure!

Oh, you know what! I just checked out the link you sent, thats not it. The place I went to definitely did not have rock waterfall/piano stage. It was really tiny, very authentic (or so I was told). Probably had 20 tables. Maybe one or two people working up front. It lacked any sort of real decor, but was cozy.

I'm actually not sure what its around. It is in a really small shopping center with a karaoke place and maybe one or two little stores. The shopping center is dark and inset and quite discreet. Not the sort of place that calls out to you from the street. I know there is a Korean Buffet place nearby with bright lights (looks almost like a diner).

I've had K-bbq many times but never was I given the option of choosing the raw meats buffet style as you described. I would be very interested to try it.

Is there a name for this style of bbq? Maybe an eg'r can rec a place that does similar (assuming you can't find this one)?

That wasn't chicken

Picnic Garden is the place in Flushing you're looking for with the raw meat buffet.  For what it's worth, it's a good meal for a buffet.  For a stellar meal, try exploring some of the restaurants futher into Flushing.

Like where (and do they have the meat buffet)? There's like a 100 places in Flushing alone.

http://www.koreanrestaurantguide.com/data/ny/flushing_3.htm

That wasn't chicken

I've been to a bunch of the buffets and hot pots in Flushing, and while I do enjoy them; between the parking, long lines, and super bright lights, I sometimes prefer a more intimate and relaxed environment. If there are any places that do a raw meat, all you can eat bbq buffet please let me know!!

Picnic Garden is the place in Flushing you're looking for with the raw meat buffet.  For what it's worth, it's a good meal for a buffet.  For a stellar meal, try exploring some of the restaurants futher into Flushing.

Like where (and do they have the meat buffet)? There's like a 100 places in Flushing alone.

http://www.koreanrestaurantguide.com/data/ny/flushing_3.htm

I don't have the information handy, I'll post when I go home and get it.

Mostly I was just suggesting that people go off the beaten path and just walk in and try one of those 100+ restaurants in Flushing. It's a great city to go and eat around for a day.

I've been to a bunch of the buffets and hot pots in Flushing, and while I do enjoy them; between the parking, long lines, and super bright lights, I sometimes prefer a more intimate and relaxed environment.  If there are any places that do a raw meat, all you can eat bbq buffet please let me know!!

Picnic Garden is the only place I know (so far) that has the all you can eat meat buffet. Most places it's an ala carte service. There's a 24 hour pho place on Roosevelt Ave that serves Korean style hot pot that's very reasonable. Again, no information handy, will post more when I'm home.

Unfortunately that's pretty much the case with any Korean BBQ restaurant. You're going to smell like BBQ afterwards so I definitely would not wear anything nice. Although I'm always amazed at the well-dressed Korean families that go to these places during the weekend!