• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

GGMamas

docsconz

I had dinner at a small new restaurant in Glens Falls (midway between Saratoga Springs and Lake George) with my family this evening. Located off the beaten track at the corner of Sanford and Ridge Streets, the restaurant is tastefully and comfortably decorated. The cooking is done by Donna Digan Lewis with mostly Latino and Asian influences.

The menu is not extensive, but everything we had was quite good. For appetizers we had Sesame Tuna Satay with peanut sauce and crisp fried large shrimp with a slightly sweet spicy sauce. The tuna was cubed, coated with sesame seeds and seared. It was served over a salad with a thick peanut based sauce on the side. The shrimp consisted of a generous portion of perfectly fried large shrimp served piping hot.

For main courses we had Arroz con Pollo, Pork Loin, Beef Tenderloin and Vegetarian Couscous. The Tenderloin came with sauteed vegetables and roasted potatoes. I didn't taste it, but it was cooked correctly with a generous portion of meat. My two sons who each had it, enjoyed it. The Arroz con Pollo, Pork Loin and Couscous all came with the same sides red beans and perfectly fried plantains. The pork came with rice too. Everything was quite tasty and well received by my family.

Appetizers were each $8 per serving. Mains ranged from $12-20. Not having a liquor license, the restaurant is BYOW.

If not the best, this is certainly one of the best restaurants in Glens Falls and well worth a visit if in the area. Unfortunately, the web site is under construction.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I had dinner at a small new restaurant in Glens Falls (midway between Saratoga Springs and Lake George) with my family this evening. Located off the beaten track at the corner of Sanford and Ridge Streets, the restaurant is tastefully and comfortably decorated. The cooking is done by Donna Digan Lewis with mostly Latino and Asian influences.

The menu is not extensive, but everything we had was quite good. For appetizers we had Sesame Tuna Satay with peanut sauce and crisp fried large shrimp with a slightly sweet spicy sauce. The tuna was cubed, coated with sesame seeds and seared. It was served over a salad with a thick peanut based sauce on the side. The shrimp consisted of a generous portion of perfectly fried large shrimp served piping hot.

For main courses we had Arroz con Pollo, Pork Loin, Beef Tenderloin and Vegetarian Couscous. The Tenderloin came with sauteed vegetables and roasted potatoes. I didn't taste it, but it was cooked correctly with a generous portion of meat. My two sons who each had it, enjoyed it. The Arroz con Pollo, Pork Loin and Couscous all came with the same sides red beans and perfectly fried plantains. The pork came with rice too. Everything was quite tasty and well received by my family.

Appetizers were each $8 per serving. Mains ranged from $12-20. Not having a liquor license, the restaurant is BYOW.

If not the best, this is certainly one of the best restaurants in Glens Falls and well worth a visit if in the area. Unfortunately, the web site is under construction.

John:

I am glad you guys all went on Thursday. Phoning you crossed my mind to see if you were going to write a review but I knew better and figured I would just check the site. Marcea and I came in for a late dinner (around 8:15) and enjoyed the shrimp app. and the arroz con pollo.

Though the location does not provide for much in the way of foot traffic, I am hopeful that the word will get out about GG Mama's and that people will travel to enjoy the experience. I wanted to also mention her rather extensive breakfast menu (which I am making my way through including french toast, Spanish omelet (yum), various fruit drenched pancakes, etc.) and lunch menu including various sandwiches with Donnah Digan Lewis' personal touches including a number of vegetarian delights). Also she is working on wireless internet so even a cup of coffee can be accompanied by surfing if so inclined.

I would highly recommend a visit to those interested.

James

housedoc@roadrunner.com

John:

I am glad you guys all went on Thursday. Phoning you crossed my mind to see if you were going to write a review but I knew better and figured I would just check the site. Marcea and I came in for a late dinner (around 8:15) and enjoyed the shrimp app. and the arroz con pollo.

Though the location does not provide for much in the way of foot traffic, I am hopeful that the word will get out about GG Mama's and that people will travel to enjoy the experience. I wanted to also mention her rather extensive breakfast menu (which I am making my way through including french toast, Spanish omelet (yum), various fruit drenched pancakes, etc.) and lunch menu including various sandwiches with Donnah Digan Lewis' personal touches including a number of vegetarian delights). Also she is working on wireless internet so even a cup of coffee can be accompanied by surfing if so inclined.

I would highly recommend a visit to those interested.

James

housedoc@roadrunner.com

James, Thanks for the initial recommendation. It was well worth going. I will have to try breakfast and lunch there at some point as well. BTW, welcome to eGullet! :biggrin: Sorry we missed you that night.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz