• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant supply stores

What are the good restaurant supply stores in Montreal?

I'm looking for friendly ones, and as I'm just a home cook, they have to sell in retail...

If there're any in West Island that would be perfect, but I don't mind to drive elsewhere if it worth it.

What are the good restaurant supply stores in Montreal?

I'm looking for friendly ones, and as I'm just a home cook, they have to sell in retail...

If there're any in West Island that would be perfect, but I don't mind to drive elsewhere if it worth it.

I like to go to a supply store on l'Acadie, across from Central Market that has good prices, Tzanet. However, if you are looking for fancy displays, this is NOT the place. It is more like a warehouse. They have restaurant supplies and they sell to the public. I don't have the address/phone #.

Depending on the part of town you live in, you'll find many nice stores. Ares has been mentioned. I also like Quincaillerie Dante in Little Italy on the corner of Sante and St-Dominique. The only place where you'll be able to find Peugeot pepper mill and shotguns for hunting. Fair prices and friendly service. The owner, Helena Faita also runs an intalien cooking school (Mezza Luna) that is very popular. On Laurier ouest there's also Les Touilleurs of which I've heard good things though I've never visited.

On Laurier ouest there's also Les Touilleurs of which I've heard good things though I've never visited.

Les Touilleurs is a VERY high end store. This is the place to go if you have the buget to pay 200-300$ for a pan.

Otherwise, I like to go Norten Equipements de Cuisine Inc - 514-274-2687 6413 St Laurent. It is on the the corner of Beaubien. The guys there are friendly ans thier prices are quite low (lower the Monas I have heard). I have bought a lot of nice stuff there. Lattest aquisition is a 20L stainless stock pot with lid with a very thick bottom I paid around 80$. I love that piece of cookware. There is another retaurant supply store on the other side of the street, it is a bit bigger.