• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 1998 Chateau Faugeres

djsexyb

1998 Chateau Faugeres St. Emilion Grand Cru

This was tasted in 375ml format.

Ruby red, fading to burnt red-orange in the rim. quite abit of sediment was decanted off. Stronf, juivy red cherry/bing cherry aromas. followed by alot of pleasant eucalyptus, mint, and a slight hint of pine.

Very dry, with little noticable acidity could ahve used more to be great. smooth, medium body with little, very-well integrated tannins. this was juicy without being jammy, with bing cherry and raspberry flavors and again, strong eucalyptus, mint, and pine afterwards, finishing with a small spice. Long finish with lingering sweet eucalyptus note.

This was a darn good wine, not a blockbuster, but tasted more like a $65 bottle than a $28. (note i had the half bottle = $16)

Note: drink your 1/2 bottles now, full bottles i would wait maybe 4-5 more years as other reviews i have read on this wine are no where near as wonderful as this was--yet.

Serve this with parsleage encrusted lamb chops with roasted yams, chanterelles, brown butter, and mint paint.

Edited by djsexyb (log)

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com