• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Carmine's to Bryn Mawr

marinade

Just saw this in a Zagats newsletter:

Carmine's Creole Cafe: John Mims' ragin' Cajun-Creole is fixing to move in November from Narberth into the Bryn Mawr space currently occupied by Citron Bistro (818 W. Lancaster Ave.), with plans to add a liquor license and live blues.

This is not the first time John has tried blues. There was a short run in Ardmore at the site of the Head Nut (2408-10 Haverford Rd). The name escapes me but I think it was named for one of his daughters. Gonna miss the BYOB part of it. On the other hand the extra room and the parking behind the theatre will be better for him. I think the Narberth space was choking him.

Jim

Edited by marinade (log)

Jim Tarantino

Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Cures, & Glazes

Ten Speed Press

• 2 months later...

I work with both places. So, here's the info...

Margot BYOB opened last Saturday in Carmine's old Narberth location:

232 Woodbine Ave.

Narberth, PA 19072

610-660-0160

And I cannot wait for Carmine's Creole & Blues Bar to open Tuesday, January 16th:

CARMINE’S CREOLE CAFE & BLUES

818 W. Lancaster Avenue

Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

(610)520- 9100

www.carminescreole.com

...I cannot wait for Carmine's Creole & Blues Bar to open Tuesday, January 16th:

818 W. Lancaster Avenue

Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

(610)520- 9100

www.carminescreole.com

Dish,

I've had a private love for Carmine's since moving to Wynnewood in 98... my wife hosted my surprise 40th brunch at the old darby road locale. I guess we have come fiull-circle, as one of our "significant courting" moments occurred over dinner at Marbles.

I have always loved Carmine's menu, but will definitely miss the BYO freedom. The menu posted online looks similar to the Narberth menu... do you know if will there be any changes other than the Bar and Music?

I belch, therefore, I ate...

...I cannot wait for Carmine's Creole & Blues Bar to open Tuesday, January 16th:

818 W. Lancaster Avenue

Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

(610)520- 9100

www.carminescreole.com

Dish,

I've had a private love for Carmine's since moving to Wynnewood in 98... my wife hosted my surprise 40th brunch at the old darby road locale. I guess we have come fiull-circle, as one of our "significant courting" moments occurred over dinner at Marbles.

I have always loved Carmine's menu, but will definitely miss the BYO freedom. The menu posted online looks similar to the Narberth menu... do you know if will there be any changes other than Carminethe Bar and Music?

Hi phungi-

Carmine's is one of my favorite places, too. I haven't been in over a month, so I am eagery awaiting the opening in Bryn Mawr.

I believe that all of Carmine's great menu items will remain. But, I think he will be doing some new and exciting things, as well. I'll know more next week!

I am also very excited about the blue's music. I think the Main Line could use a great place to hear music...now that The Point is gone.

I am always careful about what I post here about my restaurant clients. I don't want to sound too promotional. So, let me know if I start to sound like I am working ;)