• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2004 Bonny Doon Big House White

djsexyb

2004 Bonny Doon Big House White

I hear many people bashing this wine, and frankly i dont see why. At $8-10, this offers very good value and is quite interesting, refined, with an almost Chablis mineral quality.

The color is light hay and very clear, the nose hinting strongly of stone fruits (Peach, Nectarine, and Apricot) and wet river rock. there are also accenting notes of lemon peel, and a slightly floral (lylac comes to mind) character. The fruits and stone echo in the mouth as well, strongly, and crisply. Very old world, refined, with moderate length and a shorter finish.

All in all, this is one of the best Bonny Doons to date. would be very nice with mussels and very simply prepared white fish. Tasted wondergul with littleneck clams, sauted with fennel, garlic, and onion, and deglazed with this wine. would purchase again.

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com