• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Craig LeBan Q&A

CherieV

Q

Craig, what happened to the young man who had that studiokitchenin west philly, i heard he wanted to open a restaurant, I thought the meal he cooked was one of the better ones I have had anywhere ?

Chinghiale, Philadelphia, PA 9/26/06

A

Chinghiale: That's a good question. I heard he was doing some guest cooking over in England at the Fat Duck, supposedly the best restaurant in the universe, so I'm looking forward to someday tasting his food again at this long-discussed future restaurant. Shola has been known to read and contribute to this Q-and-A from time-to-time, so perhaps he's out there reading now? Shola - you out there? Can you fill us in on your whereabouts?

Craig LaBan 9/26/06

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/entertain...n/qa_forum.html

CherieV

Eat well, drink better!

"And I'll never forget that grim look on his face, when he heisted himself and took leave of this place, through a hole in the smog, without leaving a trace"

Dr Seuss, The Lorax

Dough can sense fear.

Shola's still in town at least occasionally. One of my friends (who had no prior knowledge of studiokitchen) randomly met him in a coffeeshop two weekends ago and they started up talking about food. I'll ask her what he's up to.

There has been a whole thread that describes Studio Kitchen and Shola's leaving ... but no updates to describe his whereabouts, plans to return (we all fervently hope!!) ... or plans generally!! I'd even be happy to know when he's visiting PHL, so I can shake hands with this giant of PHL cuisine ...

JasonZ

Philadelphia, PA, USA and Sandwich, Kent, UK