• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pho in Amsterdam

Does anyone have any idea where to grab some real-ish pho in Amsterdam? I've had sorta OK pho at Wellcome on the Zeedijk, but not in a year or so, and it wasn't really worth going back for (unless there's nowhere else)...but I really don't know another single Vietnamese restaurant in town other than Cambodia City, where I've never eaten because I haven't heard such great things. Any suggestions?

Edited by markemorse (log)

hi markemorse..

before I joined eGullet I had never even heard of Pho.. I really don't know if you can get any in Amsterdam.. but according to the IENS restaurant guide these are the Vietnamese restaurants in the city:

Cambodja City, Albert Cuypstraat 58

Hamy, Marathonweg 10

Ming Dynasty, Amstelveenseweg 1158

Vuong, Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 51

Wellcome, Zeedijk 57

Good luck!

Ja, thanks Klary...I've been checking IENS periodically, waiting for another Vietnamese rest. to pop up. Other than Wellcome and CC the other ones are all classified as "Chinese/Vietnamese" which doesn't encourage me. Maybe I'll check out the one on the Amstelveenseweg since I work on the Overtoom pretty often...

I'll let you know what I find out!

Mark