• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taylor's Automatic Refresher

docsconz

The fish was not deep fried - there was no batter at all. It was marinated and the marinate had stained the fish brown. (At first I thought it was tuna, if that's any indication.) More of the marinade was applied to the cooked fish, I think, and pooled deliciously in the bottom of the taco. The red/brown color might have indicated annato in the marinade, who knows. If you're a taco afficionado - and, more to the point, prefer yours battered - Taylor's might not be for you. But I enjoyed them immensely.

Thanks, Tony. Yeah - I would probably avoid their tacos but I do adore Taylor's seared Ahi "burger" (read upthread).

A couple of friends and I hit Taylor's back in January when we were in town for Macworld. For them, it was the most "normal" food in the Ferry Building, so that's why we went there. They really liked it. I thought it was pretty good, too.

Yeah, it was a pretty pricey fast food counter service burger. But it's in the Ferry Building, so I expect stuff to be a bit more there just because of the location.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"