• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

le bec fin goes lite

katbert

from the (IN) Center City - May 2006 e-newsletter:

"Le Bec-Fin Prix Fixe

Le Bec-Fin and Chef Georges Perrier are pleased to present a new $39 3-course dinner menu, available Monday through Thursday evenings. Enjoy 5 Star cuisine and flawless service in a shorter dining experience. Reservations are required, excludes tax and gratuity."

from the (IN) Center City - May 2006 e-newsletter:

"Le Bec-Fin Prix Fixe

Le Bec-Fin and Chef Georges Perrier are pleased to present a new $39 3-course dinner menu, available Monday through Thursday evenings. Enjoy 5 Star cuisine and flawless service in a shorter dining experience. Reservations are required, excludes tax and gratuity."

Eeks - hope this not a bad sign. I can hear Jim Morrison now.... "This is the end, beautiful friend...."

Dough can sense fear.

Eeks - hope this not a bad sign.  I can hear Jim Morrison now....  "This is the end, beautiful friend...."

Nah... I've been hearing about this thing for a while. It's Perrier's attempt to snag younger diners.

Here's the menu: Garden Room Menu

Edited by Diann (log)

I'll bet it's the best damn hot dog you ever ate. Would fries count as the second course or are they included with the first?

ROFLMAO!! :laugh:

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I have been "lurking" since I joined last August.  Am really enjoying the passion around my favorite topic.  (I will figure out how to properly show that I am responding to some else's post.)

In responding to Diann's post about the $39 dinner offering, just got finished reading the current issue of the Chestnut Hill Local and Len Lear took advantage of this special.  In a conversation with Chef P. he reports:  "M. Perrier recently admitted that the vagaries of the restaurant business in Phildelphia -- particularly of the explosions of BYOBs and national chains -- have significantly reduced the number of diners willing to spend their children's inheritance at palaces of gastronomy . . . at one time LBF was pretty much sold out every night of the week . . . but that is no longer the case."

It seems they are looking for diners of all ages, not just younger diners.  Hmmmh!

Welcome to egullet, Alonna!

Thanks for clarifying LBF's intent. Regardless of the age of the diners Perrier's trying to attract... it's got ME interested. :smile:

I have been "lurking" since I joined last August.  Am really enjoying the passion around my favorite topic.  (I will figure out how to properly show that I am responding to some else's post.)

In responding to Diann's post about the $39 dinner offering, just got finished reading the current issue of the Chestnut Hill Local and Len Lear took advantage of this special.  In a conversation with Chef P. he reports:  "M. Perrier recently admitted that the vagaries of the restaurant business in Phildelphia -- particularly of the explosions of BYOBs and national chains -- have significantly reduced the number of diners willing to spend their children's inheritance at palaces of gastronomy . . . at one time LBF was pretty much sold out every night of the week . . . but that is no longer the case."

It seems they are looking for diners of all ages, not just younger diners.  Hmmmh!

Welcome to egullet, Alonna!

Thanks for clarifying LBF's intent. Regardless of the age of the diners Perrier's trying to attract... it's got ME interested. :smile:

Me too and thanks for the welcome! :biggrin: