• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Quickies

Florida Jim

2004 Clos Roche Blanche, Pineau D’Aunis Touraine:

A rosé that has light red fruit, stone and vegetal aromas; the same on the palate which gives the impression that it’s some concoction Celestial Seasons™ might have thought up; sour beer finish. Not my style of wine.

2004 Chateau de Trinquevedel, Tavel:

This is perfectly dry but with 14.5% alcohol, it’s some caricature of rosé; very dark cherry red, pleasantly sweet on the nose, very big across the palate. Once was enough.

2004 Dom. Ogereau, Rosé de Loire:

Crisp, clean, pungent aromatics with ripe red fruit on both the nose and palate, excellent intensity and an absolutely bone dry finish. Another glass, please.

2004 B. Morey, Bourgogne Blanc:

An acid driven, fairly bland carrier for good French oak. I took the bottles I bought, back.

2001 Dom. La Garrigue, Vacqueyras:

Rich with a worsted texture, salty minerality, meat and fruit flavors, excellent concentration and balance and showing very well with meat loaf and mashed potatoes.

2003 Laderas de Pinoso, Alicante Viñedos de El Sequé:

Vibrant fruit on the nose and palate, no overt wood, texturally rich, nicely balanced and carries good length. All for $8, full retail.

Best, Jim

Edited by Florida Jim (log)

www.CowanCellars.com