• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Equipment Bay Area

Economy Restaurant Supply 7th and Irving in SF.

In  Oakland try East Bay Restaurant Supply.

Hope that helps.

LOVE this place - not necessarily near Sonoma, but definitely worth the drive for quality goods.

Meyers Restaurant supply Santa Rosa, also Castino Supply in Rohnert Park.

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

BTW, if you're looking for industrial baking equipment, the big "wonderbread" bakery in Potrero is having a liquidation sale soon.

There is a big sign up on the side of the building. Unfortunately, I can't remember which company was handling the sale.

I would expect the "Parisian Sourdough" factory may also have a similar sale coming up. Wonder if any of the starter is still alive?

---

Erik Ellestad

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck...

Bernal Heights, SF, CA

When I lived and worked in the Bay Area I frequently used Economy Restaurant Supply, East Bay and Castino. I liked all 3 and got good service and advice from each one. I particularly liked the customer service/design assistance from Economy.

I love Montague ovens and won't buy anything else when I'm in the market for a convection oven. A little more expensive than other manufacturers to be sure, but they are exceptionally well built and will last almost forever with very few breakdowns. Montague is located in Hayward, have you investigated buying direct from their manufacturing plant there?

yeah I would love to go direct, but I have some things that are used that I would like to get some credit for , I dont think they will do that, possibly economy , btw, I agree with you about Montague, we have 2 now , need two more.......... maybe santa

When I lived and worked in the Bay Area I frequently used Economy Restaurant Supply, East Bay and Castino.  I liked all 3 and got good service and advice from each one.  I particularly liked the customer service/design assistance from Economy. 

I love Montague ovens and won't buy anything else when I'm in the market for a convection oven.  A little more expensive than other manufacturers to be sure, but they are exceptionally well built and will last almost forever with very few breakdowns.  Montague is located in Hayward, have you investigated buying direct from their manufacturing plant there?