• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

secret supper clubs

icecreamparty

I certainly would like to go to one...but don't know where to get the 411 on it.

all i ve been able to gather on the ftgreene one is that you need to be invited. so im thinking that maybe u have to knw someone who knows someone who knows someone...and hence, get invited. i really like the very persona yet private nature of it (serving guests in one's home)...and being able to watch as the food is prepared.

We've been to one in Philly, and I've read about one in Paris.

Not sure how "secret" they are, but a Chef cooks for private parties in their house...

Really? Where in Philly? We should start/nudge someone into doing them more regularly.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

That's not to mean I wouldn't like more info on the ones in NYC.

A dinner like that would be something to build a NYC trip around.

Especially if the culinary staff wanted to highlight offal.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Well, I don't think its secret, but Studio Kitchen sounds similar. A chef, in a house, cooking great food, in West Philly...

As far as the one in Paris, I read about it in the NY Times, I think. Chien Lunatique. A chef from Alice Waters' place spends half the year in Paris and cooks for guests in his dining room in his house a few nights a week. A Mystery door helps you find the place!

Philly Francophiles