• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2001 Hexamer Meddersheimer Rheingrafenberg

Brad Ballinger

2001 H. Hexamer Meddersheimer Rheingrafenberg Riesling Kabinett, Nahe. Damn, I'm glad I have at least one more of these, but damn I'm mad that I didn't buy more at the time. This wine is hitting on all cylinders right now. The stony minerality on the nose and in the flavor profile is stunning. The acidity is lively and bright. The wine is just starting to lose what little sweetness it may have had. In addition to the mineral component, there is both floral and citrus on the nose. In the mouth lime flavors are a nice accent to the mineral. The wine finishes strong, long, clean and ever so slightly off-dry.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero