• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lodi Wineries?

Alan7147

A co-worker is heading out to Lodi, CA for a couple of nights and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to what are their favorite vineyards/wineries were out there. Any help would be most appreciated.

I'm not familiar with Lodi producers (a regrettable gap), but here is a link to the Lodi Woodbridge Winegrape Commission, their official website. I hear their Winery Plaza is a beautiful building, with over a dozen different producers available for tasting.

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

A co-worker is heading out to Lodi, CA for a couple of nights and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to what are their favorite vineyards/wineries were out there. Any help would be most appreciated.

The current issue of The Wine News (June/July 2005) has an article I wrote about Lodi. The main feature mentions a number of wineries, but a sidebar lists restaurants and hotels that your co-worker might find useful.

Wineries I would definitely visit:

Jessie's Grove

St. Amant (needs an appointment)

Michael David

Peirano

Numbers for all these should be available on the Lodi site Mary mentions. One can download the whole "wine tasting brochure" as a PDF. The visitor's center pours a rotating selection of Lodi wines, and I'm pretty sure all the area's bottles can be purchased there (most, at any rate).

Derrick Schneider

My blog: http://www.obsessionwithfood.com

You have to eat. You might as well enjoy it!