• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants with Catering

Of course most restaurants in Vancouver have some form of large-party or banquet services for big groups, but I'm looking for a list of restaurants (not catering companies, though I hear some are quite decent) that do off-site catering for private events.

Here is a list of restaurants that definitely do catering:

Diva at the Met

CRU Restaurant

Elixir @ OPUS

Amici

Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts

C Restaurant

Coast

Glowbal

And to clarify, a lot of restaurants such as West 'cater' but only for private functions at the restaurant - this list is specifically off-site catering.

Any more to add guys?

EDIT: New to the list from replies:

Rodney's Oyster House (No Vancouver site available, but they have a Yaletown location)

Joe Fortes

Aurora Bistro

Edited by rêvasser (log)

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf

Of course most restaurants in Vancouver have some form of large-party or banquet services for big groups, but I'm looking for a list of restaurants (not catering companies, though I hear some are quite decent) that do off-site catering for private events.

Diva at the Met

CRU Restaurant

Elixir @ OPUS

Amici

C Restaurant

I also think Coast and Glowbal do off-site catering, but I'm not sure.

And to clarify, a lot of restaurants such as West 'cater' but only for private functions at the restaurant - this list is specifically off-site catering.

Any more to add guys?

You may add to this list Rodney's Oyster House, which does a oyster and raw bar (with charming props) as well as hot seafood service. The oyster station is a terrific add-on for a summer BBQ. And Yoshi Tabo (the Bluewater sushi chef) used to deliver platters of same before he started his evening shift.

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

Diva at the Met

CRU Restaurant

Elixir @ OPUS

Amici

C Restaurant

Coast

Glowbal

Any more to add guys?

EDIT: New to the list from replies:

Rodney's Oyster House (No Vancouver site available, but they have a Yaletown location)

Joe Fortes

Aurora Bistro

I believe Rob Feenie does off site catering events for private funtions :cool:

Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is. - P. J. O'Rourke

• 1 month later...

revasser,

just got back from a long vacation and am quickly skimming through the various threads and yours caught my attention for a mere second! off site catering by restaurants is really rarely done because of the usual high overhead BUT - i was fortunate enough to attend to functions catered by glowbal catering - one in Whistler for a private diamond mine owner - unbelievable - seared foi gras, crab risotto, sushi, oyster-lobster and prawn bar absolutely top marks with excellent execution. personally when you are surrounded by people with money and lots of it you better not fail - they showed everyone how to do it right! I also was asked to attend a private BMW event with all the top CEO's and glowbal once again set the standards high and delivered it well. not sure if they have info on their website but it is worth checking out!

• 15 years later...