• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pomino Rosso

markabauman

While having lunch recently at the CIA's Caterina d'Medici, I noticed on the wine list a Pomino Rosso, Castello di Pomino, Toscana, 1999 from Marchesi di Frescobaldi. I was told it was a blend of Pinot Noir and Sangiovese, a combination not heretofore seen by me. Lunch included some typical spring fare- asparagus, fave and morels, etc. so it was a rare non-red wine day. I tried to find some single bottles at some usual reliable sources, to no avail- they offered to special order a case and have me pay shipping, no thanks. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and what they think. Might be a justification to return there soon just to try the wine.

Mark A. Bauman