• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Orange County Polish Food?

SiseFromm

A new co-worker just moved here from Detroit area. She's of Polish decent and is looking for local area Polish joints (Irvine, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, etc.). Basically, shops, restaurants, food markets, etc.

Any advice?

R. Jason Coulston

jason@popcling.com

I'm sorry no one has replied. I gotta say that when I lived in the South Bay, the NEAREST place is a specialty shop in Santa Monica at 1128 Wilshire Boulevard. It is variously known as J&T European Market, The Polish Sausage Factory, and European Sausage Kitchen.

Besides sausage, they have a small grocery area where I used to pick up amazing breads, sweets, and other Polish imports.

But I gotta say... the sausages ARE amazing!

A new co-worker just moved here from Detroit area.  She's of Polish decent and is looking for local area Polish joints (Irvine, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, etc.).  Basically, shops, restaurants, food markets, etc. 

Any advice?

You might try calling these folks:

Polish Business Assn of So Cal

6401 Warner Ave #228

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

714-841-7008

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Thanks y'all. I had no idea there was even such a thing as a Polish Business Association right here in OC! I'll pass the information along. I know there's a great German market (with amazing sausages) on Main Street in Orange. The beer case is something to be admired. Hopefully we'll find something of equal caliber by calling this organization in Huntington Beach.

R. Jason Coulston

jason@popcling.com