• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nicola Zanghi

iheartoffal

I've had the pleasure of eating at some of the top restaurants in NY, but for me, it keeps coming down to the cooking of Nicola Zanghi at Restaurant Zanghi in Stamford. I had to post about it, although I'm almost loath to share the secret. :-) Some of my favorite dishes are the Kobe Beef Carpaccio with Truffle Mayonaisse; the Scampi "As My Dad Taught Me"; and the Vanilla and Pignoli Crusted Fluke with Whipped Fennel, and Basil Coulis. If you're anywhere near Stamford, I HIGHLY recommend this place.

Nothing to see here.

I ditto that. A friend was there on a recent Saturday night @ 7:30. She was the only table in the place!!

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How could you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!??

I often wonder the same thing. It's one of the big mysteries around here to a lot of people. From talking to him, I gather that he has quite a bit of corporate business; I'd imagine that that's helping to keep him afloat. It really is a shame to walk around Stamford and see restaurants that pale in comparison completely packed and then walk by Zanghi and see maybe one or two tables. Hopefully it will change.

Nothing to see here.

We used to enjoy (on special occasions) Restaurant Zanghi, when it was at the Inn at National Hall in Westport.

Fine place - though many were critical of the steep prices (how are they in Stamford?).

Replaced by the comparable Miramar, a Todd English restaurant that was certainly comparable, but now the location has been abandoned for, I believe, a real estate office - what a waste of that location. The Inn is now converting to condos, btw.

We used to enjoy (on special occasions) Restaurant Zanghi, when it was at the Inn at National Hall in Westport.

Fine place - though many were critical of the steep prices (how are they in Stamford?).

Replaced by the comparable Miramar, a Todd English restaurant that was certainly comparable, but now the location has been abandoned for, I believe, a real estate office - what a waste of that location.  The Inn is now converting to condos, btw.

The prices are about what you'd expect for the type of food. Apps run around $10-$18 and entrees go up to the mid $30s. He has the menu posted on the website. Now if you want truly overpriced food, go to Telluride up on Bedford St. :blink:

Nothing to see here.