• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chinese restaurant, Valley St or Rd, West Orange?

SueWho321

Looking for the name of the Chinese restaurant in West Orange, on either Valley St or Valley Road... it is not Peking House (or whatever restaurant is in the CVS plaza) . They serve Chinese donuts (which most take out places do not have on the menu). It is in a row of 2-3 stores on, I think , the east side of the street. Cannot find the name on switchboard.com, or in a list of Chinese restaurant in a West Orange business listing. Perhaps they have closed?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Lotus???

Don't think so. I should just drive around until i find it. I remember trying to find it and with Valley St and Valley Rd (two different roads, but parallel to each other) I missed it and ended up in the CVS shopping center (the one that burned down and was rebuilt). The place I'm thinking of, (I found it later, while driving around). was on the right side of the street, as I drove north, in a brick building - like 2-3 stories, with 1-2 shops on the ground floor and apartments above. I have a 2002 phone book at work,; I'll have to check in there to see what I'm thinking of.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Drove around today after work, and found it, China King, on Valley Road in West Orange,

From Switchboard.com - but not indexed under restaurants... searched by name - I thoght maybe it was technically in orange (which could have been why i couldn't find it listed under West Orange restaurants, but it is apparently in West Orange.

China King

562 Valley Rd

West Orange, NJ 07052

Phone: 

(973) 731-2511 

Peking House is on S Valley Road, in WO, but the 2 roads don't seem to be connected.

(and isn't there a Valley STREET in West Orange too, right in the same area?)

Drove around today after work, and found it, China King, on Valley Road in West Orange,

From Switchboard.com - but not indexed under restaurants... searched by name - I thoght maybe it was technically in orange (which could have been why i couldn't find it listed under West Orange restaurants, but it is apparently in West Orange.

China King

562 Valley Rd

West Orange, NJ 07052

Phone: 

(973) 731-2511 

Peking House is on S Valley Road, in WO, but the 2 roads don't seem to be connected.

Sue the important question is are either of these 2 places any good? I'm craving good chinese take out, but it's probably cuz I can't stop thinking about The Egullet dinner tomorrow at China 46!!

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

China King

562 Valley Rd

West Orange, NJ 07052

Phone: 

(973) 731-2511 

Sue the important question is are either of these 2 places any good? I'm craving good chinese take out, but it's probably cuz I can't stop thinking about The Egullet dinner tomorrow at China 46!!

We have had good luck with Joy Luck.

Here is the thread:

Joy Luck Thread

Again, be sure to ask for the 'other' menu.

AlisonA

Still searching for hash browns in Jersey.

China King

562 Valley Rd

West Orange, NJ 07052

Phone: 

(973) 731-2511 

We haven't found anything as good as Asian Delight in West Caldwell. China 46 in Fairfield is very good and was the only place we went before we moved.