• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Desserts Around MCI Center

mhberk

Well, tomorrow (1/29) is my birthday. For dinner, my wife and I are going to Zaytinya and then to the Wizards game at the MCI Center (which should end around 9:00 or 10:00). We would like to stay down there after the game and get dessert and coffee somewhere. I don't get down to that area too often, but I would LOVE to hear what desserts you guys have had down there as suggestions to make my evening complete.

I am open to anything, but we will be taking the subway there so the restaurant would have to be within walking distance.

Thanks in advance!!

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.

Go back to Zaytinya for some of Steve Klc's creations -- unusual and fabulous. When you leave to go to the game ask them if you return, would it be possible to get a table to have dessert.

Otherwise other possibilities: Jaleo, Zola...

Edited by FunJohnny (log)

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

Go back to Zaytinya for some of Steve Klc's creations -- unusual and fabulous.  When you leave to go to the game ask them if you return, would it be possible to get a table to have dessert.

Otherwise other possibilities: Jaleo, Zola...

The Turkish coffee chocolate and the Turkish delight are probably my favorite desserts in the city. :wub:

Amanda

Metrocurean, a D.C. restaurant and food blog

Thanks for all the feedback!!

After much consideration, I have decided to take the advice of FunJohnny and oliveDC. It was the Turkish coffee chocolate that really caught my eye.

I will definately make another trip to try IndeBleu next time

Thanks again.

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

After much consideration, I have decided to take the advice of FunJohnny and oliveDC.  It was the Turkish coffee chocolate that really caught my eye.

I will definately make another trip to try IndeBleu next time

Thanks again.

Hope you enjoyed it! And Happy Birthday.

Amanda

Metrocurean, a D.C. restaurant and food blog