• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Seattle restaurants

Heading to Seattle, first weekend of February. Want to try Lola's, since we missed it last trip.

Are there any other new restaurants that must be on our list this trip?? We are staying in Belltown, without a car, so the suburbs are out this time.

We only have two nights and really only one day, what restaurants should take priority?

Thanks,

Shelora

When were you last here? A number of great new restaurants opened during 2004, so knowing when you visited and where you ate then would be helpful. For new places specifically you might also browse the Farewell and Welcome thread. A new (in the last year) place I would really like to try is La Carta de Oaxaca in Ballard (18 bus from downtown) and there are several other new restaurants in that neighborhood. I'm also longing to check out Via Tribunali on Capitol Hill.

Hungry Monkey May 2009

I was there last in the summer where I did a blitz.

Le Pichet, Harvest vine, Zoe's, Buenos Aires Grill, Metropolitan for happy hour, La Carta de Oaxaca, Viceroy for gold fish snacks and martinis, Salumi, a taco joint, 714 Pine, an olive oil joint, Macrina and Matt's in the Market.

As you can see I'm serious. And we can put it away when we set our minds to it.

I will be having dinner at Le Pichet again the first night, but that will be over by about 9:30 or 10 p.m. Then we will be free to survey the buffet table, as it were.

I missed Lola's last time, that had just opened when I was there, what do you guys think of Lola's?

What does Union serve? Cascadia? Does one eat Crow at Crow

:raz:

With thanks,

Shelora

What does Union serve?

I can't recommend Union highly enough and I know others here share my sentiments. The food is what I would call contemporary, ingredients-driven cuisine. If you do a search on the restaurant you'll see plenty of reviews and descriptions. Here's a link to the most recent review I've posted.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Thanks guys!! Lola is in. And since I have been jones-ing for Greek food for the last six months, this may be all I need. I love it that you can have brunch on the weekends starting at 7 a.m.

If anyone feels the urge to check out the restaurant scene in Victoria, B.C. let me know I would love to return the favour and recommend the best we have.

Cheers,

Shelora