• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Shulas steak house in Newark?

shugga

Has any one eaten dinner there? I think it's in the Wyndham hotel near Newark airport.

We're staying there the night before an early flight soon and was wondering if we should have dinner there or go somewhere else?

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

I prefer not to eat at hotel restaurants near the airport. I'd recommend the Iron Bound section of Newark.

If it's the Shulas the chain, the food and wine is usually excellent although I don't like to support cigar friendly places. There are so many great restaurants to go to where you don't have to put up with the stench.

RAF

I've been to the Shula's at the Westin in NY. I was actually reasonably impressed. They had a terrific wine list and the steak was very good as well

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

They have very good Angus steaks and I found that the quality of their cuts are better than anything I have ever had in Ironbound. So I'd say if you want ribs and steaks stick with Shula's. If you want seafood then there's no question Ironbound is the place to go.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

I've been to the Shula's at the Westin in NY.  I was actually reasonably impressed.  They had a terrific wine list and the steak was very good as well

I believe the Shula's at Newark Airport is a sports bar, not the same as the Shula's at the Westin in NYC which is a nicer restaurant. I don't know if the menu or quality varies much, but something to keep in mind.