• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sips

Florida Jim

2002 Coudert, Clos de la Roilette Fleurie:

Served lightly chilled, although it surely doesn’t require it; clear strawberry/raspberry, mineral and earth scents and flavors, focused and compact with good concentration and intensity; medium length finish. Built to go mid-distance; delicious anytime.

2002 Coudert, Clos de la Roilette Fleurie Tardive:

Big assed wine; more textural, showy and richer than the previous wine with slightly less focus; excellent structure. Will last and probably needs a few years.

2002 Giacosa, Arneis:

Continues a long string of fine showings with lots of character, fruit and sufficient structure to let it go short term: good sustain. A favorite at our house.

2001 Giacosa, Nebbiolo d’Alba Valmaggiore:

At a really nice place right now with a delivery that is dusty on both the nose and palate, clearly nebbiolo but in a lighter style and temptingly complex. This works with so many foods; I wish I had several more cases.

2003 Protocolo, Rosé (Spain):

Bright, fresh, flavorful, crisp, 12% alcohol and even has some length. Beautiful wine and only $5. My new “go to” rosé (and I am going to rosé more and more . . .).

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com