• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wish in South Beach?

little ms foodie

Wish: the review

Dining at Wish is paradise. The serene outdoor dining room, decorated with palm trees and brightly colored exotic flowers, is a little slice of the tropics come to life. ...be transported to Wonderland....menu has a tropical slant, lots of ingredients borrowed from Latin America. Avocado, watermelon, plantains, cilantro, and ginger are used to perfectly accent everything from ceviche to salad to fish, poultry, and beef. The kitchen is careful to balance the familiar with the exotic so that the menu remains exciting, not scary. the sauces are divine. Clean and light, brightened with citrus juices or vegetable purées, olive oil, and herbs, they practically sparkle on the plate.

Mobil Travel Guide review :wink: sounds a bit like Paradise to me as well!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Wish: the review
Dining at Wish is paradise. The serene outdoor dining room, decorated with palm trees and brightly colored exotic flowers, is a little slice of the tropics come to life. ...be transported to Wonderland....menu has a tropical slant, lots of ingredients borrowed from Latin America. Avocado, watermelon, plantains, cilantro, and ginger are used to perfectly accent everything from ceviche to salad to fish, poultry, and beef. The kitchen is careful to balance the familiar with the exotic so that the menu remains exciting, not scary. the sauces are divine. Clean and light, brightened with citrus juices or vegetable purées, olive oil, and herbs, they practically sparkle on the plate.

Mobil Travel Guide review :wink: sounds a bit like Paradise to me as well!

I had a great meal at the bar at Wish about a year-and-a-half ago. I don't remember details, but based on what I had that night, I would urge you to go.

Cheers!

Rocks.

There is a great restaurant called Tlula that is a great little place that features a chef that is a former F&W award winner, Andrea Curto. She is an awesome chef, ched her out at their site, www.talulaonline.com. BTW, anyone ever seen that show Opening Soon on the Fine Living network? They were featured on it, so if you get a chance, you can get a little info on them at Fineliving.com, and open the Opening Soon Tab. Have fun in Miami!!

Tonyy13

Owner, Big Wheel Provisions

tony_adams@mac.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a very nice dinner at Wish, the restaurant is beautiful with the main dining room being outside- lots of plants, trees and little lights.

The food and service were both very nice. I'd recommend it. A bit pricey but I think everything in SB is right??

Drinks after in the bar and up at the rooftop pool. Great mojitos.

Wish is at The Hotel

• 3 weeks later...

Had dinner in Wish last friday night. The service was fantastic the food was creative enough although much of it not work. I started with a spicy crab nepolean that was okay but not great. The lumps of crab meat was coated in a green avocado mix, you can hardly taste the spices, and sitting on pieces of fried won ton wrappers. Overall the dish lacked depth and one can easily be bored after a while. The plating however was very pretty. Next up was a malin served in truffle oil with soy broth and bok choy. Once again, A for creativity and C for results. The Marlin was hard and dense to bite and did not go well with the rest of the dish. I would like to see the marlin braised to a more luxurious tenderness or a different fish used here. Although there was a lovely balance of the truffle (albeit a bit synthetic), soy and the greeness of bok choy. Dessert was a complete bust. The tea infused tres leche cake seemed to blundered through the whole thing. The chantilly cream lacked finess, the ice cream was fine, but come on, how hard is it to make ice icream? Wish has a lot of potentials, it simply needs time to develope them.

Ya-Roo Yang aka "Bond Girl"

The Adventures of Bond Girl

I don't ask for much, but whatever you do give me, make it of the highest quality.