• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dis n dat

Florida Jim

1997 Antica Terra, Pinot Noir (OR):

Once so tannic it was virtually undrinkable, now it is so woody as to be likewise. This producer did a good job in 1998 but this is a failure.

1999 J. Drouhin, Charmes-Chambertin:

Excellent wine (although “grand cru” may be a little rich) with crackling black raspberry fruit, nice concentration (without the slightest hint of over-extraction), fresh and lively on the palate, beautiful balance and good sustain. Delicious.

2002 Chanrion, Cote-de-Brouilly:

Textbook cru Beaujolais with cherry and face powder scents; light but intense on the palate with ripe fruit and spice; and, good length. Nice juice.

1999 Ambroise, Cote-de-Nuits Village:

A moderate little Burgundy that is pleasant without being more. Quaffing wine.

2002 Luneau-Papin, Muscadet Clos-de-Allees:

I should have bought ten cases. Although I love vinous variety, this is one of the best white wines in my cellar and I could drink it regularly.

1998 Torii Mor, Pinot Noir Seven Springs Vnyd.:

Showing very young with black fruit, bramble, gentle oak and a nice mélange of black and brown spices; crisp on the palate and fairly closed with flavors that echo the nose without much development; medium length. Smacks of 1er Vosne to me and needs a lot of time in the cellar.

2002 Anselmi, Capitel Foascarino:

Soave with complexity; savory and ripe with lots going on but in a very subtle and nuanced way. Lovely.

1997 Glen Fiona, Syrah Bacchus Vnyd.:

Syrah, yes; but simple and sour. I couldn’t finish it.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com

If I haven't mentioned it recently, F-Jim, I love reading your tasting notes -- and you shame me in the realizing I rarely post mine....

I'll try to be better, but I did want to thank you for your's!

If I haven't mentioned it recently, F-Jim, I love reading your tasting notes -- and you shame me in the realizing I rarely post mine....

I'll try to be better, but I did want to thank you for your's!

Many thanks.

For some reason, tasting notes don't seem to generate a lot of responses even though, in most cases, they are more time consuming to prepare than other posts.

'Always nice to get feedback.

I'll look for yours.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com