• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cafe Fiorello @ Lincoln Center

mrabinow

I've been there three times -- the menu seemed pretty inconsistent to me; some stuff was totally decent (some of the antipasti and a lasagna-type pasta I had once), and some was much more forgetable/regretable (a pizza, for one). It's definitely convenient; not only is it close to Lincoln Center, but they can get you in and out pretty quickly.

We go there with the same view as going to Trattoria dell'Arte, across the street from Carnegie Hall: sit at the antipasto bar, chat with the antipasto barista, eat some not-great-but-not-terrible-and-not-too-too-overpriced food, drink some wine, skip dessert, and go enjoy the concert. We never order off the menu; that's not very good food at all. But the antipasto bar is fine, especially if you love vegetables. Actually, their seafood salads can be quite good, at least several cuts above your basic salad bar. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...