• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ACB

Florida Jim

With spinach pizza:

1999 Aldo Conterno, Barbera D’Alba:

Barbera-esque nose with plum, spice and vinous elements combining for an integrated and voluptuous nose; flavors follow the nose in a smooth, broad but shallow profile that despite sufficient acidity gives a soft impression; good persistence. Aside from the acidity, there is no structure evident here and hence, I would not cellar this wine even a year. To my palate, a sort of nouveau barbera; certainly not unpleasant but with little to bring me back. Even so, I suspect this a wine that many folks will love if served with food. Imported by Vias Imports.

Drink now.

Aside: this continues a long streak of barberas that have little or no appeal. Does anybody know of a wine made from this variety that is worth my time/money?

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com