• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG FoodBlog: Jensen

Jensen

Dinner started with the baked Fanny Bay oysters:

i5143.jpg

I should add that my sister, Sharon, had never had oysters. Since Linda and I have been eating them since we were kids, we had trouble believing that she hadn't but ...

She was feeling brave though, tried them, and liked them!!! Another oyster virgin sacrificed to the oyster gods!

My dinner of wild sockeye:

i5129.jpg

Linda's pepper steak:

i5130.jpg

and Sharon's mahi mahi:

i5131.jpg

Sorry they're out of focus. Maybe we should have had dinner before the wine tasting????

Dessert:

i5128.jpg

Okay, I totally forgot to take a picture until there was just the bones left ...

Next up: Saturday and eating in the cottage

Jen Jensen

Breakfast of eggs Benny:

i5133.jpg

Before our spa appointments, it was fondue for lunch:

i5136.jpg

More local oysters as an appie:

i5137.jpg

This was an impromptu purchase so it was a little lonely on the plate. :wink:

The salad:

i5138.jpg

The entree (prosciutto-wrapped halibut):

i5135.jpg

and dessert:

i5134.jpg

Jen Jensen

Great photos! Looks like you had the best birthday! The food in your room looked as good as the restaurant meal...

And weren't you the lucky ones to have chosen a time when the weather was so great? Got to love Vancouver Island! :smile: