• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2002 Dorigo Ribolla Gialla

Brad Ballinger

2002 Dorigo Ribolla Gialla, Colli Orientali dei Friuli. What a terrific wine! There was a festival going on in my mouth with every sip. Active, playful acid. Ripe fruit. Both of these elements played off each other beautifully and continually. At one moment the wine is a spritzy flash of tart citrus. At the next it's a lush mouthful of tropics and pears. Both elements are consistently present. Underscoring all of this is a yeasty/leesy dimensionthat adds a bit of wieght to the mouthfeel and complexity to the flavor profile. This wine is an entertainer in addition to a sman good glass of juice.

After posting I see I transposed letters in the title. It should be Friuli, not Firuli.

Edited by Brad Ballinger (log)

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

While I am not familiar with the producer, Dorigo I am quited excited that someone could get this amped up about Ribolla. It saw its heyday centuries ago and then was almost wiped out by phylloxera. It is a beautiful white wine, delightful and elegant, never cloying and when done correctly fresh and exciting. Who is importing this particular one, maybe we should have another one in the shop although I hafta admit- a tough sell.

over it

Who is importing this particular one
?

Panebianco out of NYC. Phone is 212-685-7560. And Dorigo is a top notch producer of the region. Their refosco is also wonderful.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero