• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Live vicariously!

NeroW

I'm sure I've seen bar-laundromat combos, somewhere.

Yes they're in places other than new Orleans also. Seattle has "Sit 'n Spin" - pretty hip place that has food and espresso drinks in the day, music and alcohol at night and a laundry all the the time (or so I recall).

Back in my drinking days, my hometown Syracuse had the infamous "Lee's Businessman's Restaurant" (that's what the sign actually said). There were never any businessmen visible and they did not serve food. The owner stodd at the end of the bar all day handling the bets whilst admiring his horseshoe shaped diamond pinky ring.

Yes.... they also had a laundromat and the godawful orange nylon windbreaker style jackets they gave to the most drunken regulars "Lee's: Wash your duds and drink some suds".

I pulled one like Tommy describes - left my clothes in the washers at the end of one of the summer's hottest days. When I ermerged from a drunken stupor a day later and realized where they were the entire lot had become so mildew ridden they had to be discarded. Gosh... drinking was fun :laugh: