• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris Restaurant Openings-Christmas/New Years

It seems like a lot of the inexpensive bistros are not available to contact through email or have webpages. Im arriving Paris for lunch the 28th and need two hot meals a day for the 28th, 29th and lunch 30th. So far Im leaning towards Jadis, Itinéraires, mayby La Table de Robouchon for lunch, Clocher Pereire, Ami Jean, Jean, but I have a feeling I should fit a traditional brasserie in there somewhere. We are staying at a crappy hotel near the eastern part of the Eiffel tower park. New Years eve I will be cooking at the Norwegian embassy, so I looking foreward to that. What do you guys think of my selection? Im travveling with a chef friend, but the other people in the group (6 in total) are not as big of a food snob as me. Somewhere relaxed, but with stellar food is perfect.

So far Im leaning towards Jadis, Itinéraires, mayby La Table de Robouchon for lunch, Clocher Pereire, Ami Jean, Jean, but I have a feeling I should fit a traditional brasserie in there somewhere.

Sounds good; however, I have had one bad meal of total of three at Itineraires, haven't been to the "new" Jean and I don't think a brasserie is a necessity. Most interesting tho' is the Norwegian Embassy; I wish I were not hosting a small event myself New Year's Eve or I'd try my very best to crash it. Lycka till!

And please report back; we'd love to hear a Nordic chef's take on our places.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Please do crash! Theres room for everybody, bring your friends. Also, we are talking about Senderens. If you were to pick three places of the ones I mentioned, which would it be?

My personal preference (of just three) would be:

Jadis young chef does old stuff

La Table de Robouchon old chef does new stuff

Clocher Pereire two seasoned chefs do great stuff.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris