• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

STRIPED BASS - bargain early menu

KatieLoeb

Hello Everyone:

As I posted previously, this week is restaurant week in Philadelphia, and Striped Bass was not going to be participating. As a result of an error on the Center City District website and published materials regarding this event, Striped Bass was mistakenly listed as a participant. We have been fielding phone calls from disappointed customers all week long. To remedy this, the decision has been made to offer a $30.00 prix fixe 3 course menu from 5:00 PM-6:00 PM Thursday 9/18/03 and Friday 9/19/03 when we still have available seating. Unfortunately, we cannot offer the special menu at later times because we are already fully committed at those times, and the reservations were made without mention of restaurant week so the full a la carte menu at regular prices will be offered then. $30.00 is a BARGAIN for a three course menu of the caliber of cuisine offered at Striped Bass, and we hope that some customers that were looking to try the place might be interested in checking it out without fear of sticker shock. Reservations are REQUIRED, as we have limited availablilty. Please call 215-732-4444.

Please come in and check out Striped Bass as a limited availability "Early Bird" late addition to restaurant week. We hope that we have the opportunity to make some new friends!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Katie, you shameless Trojan shill. :biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up.  Can you give us a feel for the quasi Restaurant Week menu?

Holly:

You've really been dying to say that to me for ages, haven't you...018.gif

The the lunch and dinner menus here change every day. Since we won't know until tomorrow what the menu will be, I can only say that it will be a limited menu that is based on the regular menu offerings- i.e. all high quality, extremely fresh seafood. There will be at least a few choices for each course. That's all I can get from downstairs right now, and they're in the middle of service so I won't get anything more specific than that probably until tomorrow anyways.

Hope that helps.

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

The the lunch and dinner menus here change every day.  Since we won't know until tomorrow what the menu will be, I can only say that it will be a limited menu that is based on the regular menu offerings- i.e. all high quality, extremely fresh seafood.  There will be at least a few choices for each course.

hmm, if that's the case, i might just hafta stop in.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

sounds like a great deal Katie.  i'd sure go if i wasn't 2 hours away.  :sad:

Thanks Tommy! :wub: We have a new G.M. who real gung-ho and wants never to disappoint customers. A wonderful quality in my book. I realize the early hours of availability are sort of "geriatric" in nature, but this was the best compromise to both fill the seats and keep the other already-reserved clientele happy.

No calls yet to my knowledge, but the phones get programmed to downstairs instead of my office after 9PM, so maybe I just didn't hear them.

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

I realize the early hours of availability are sort of "geriatric" in nature, but this was the best compromise to both fill the seats and keep the other already-reserved clientele happy.

i think a lot of restaurants in NYC have limited hours (and hours without real mass appeal) when participating in the same types of promotions.