• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

restaurant 821

I haven't heard of it either. But there's so many numeric restaurants around town lately...2941, Local 16, 15 ria, etc etc...that I figured I was just out of the loop. :unsure:

I believe it had a reasonably good rep when it came out. haven't heard as much about it within the last year to eighteen months, with the new restaurants on the Wilmington scene.

That's about it for my knowledge of it.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

• 8 months later...

this place is outstanding. i went there 2x and ate of their regular menu (both times theye were out of foie gras) but all was excellent. i remember an app of lobster pot pie and i got the hanger steak with brussel sprouts and demi glace. the topper was a 7 course tasting menu in their wine celler. in addition to excellent food, on mon and tue they have 1/2 price wine night (a special menu of half priced wine by the bottle) this resulted ion a tremendous overspendin because we kept telling ouorselves it's only $40 for an $80 bottle over and over again. the food was amazing and i'll have tio consult my notes the exact details (it was in aug) but the capstone was def a whole roasted foie gras with chantrelles and figs. it looked so menacing comiong from the open kitchen to our table and dissapered almost instantly. i def recomend this place to anyone within an hour or so of willmington

"i bet you smell like strawberry ice cream... the good kind" - e.dunn