• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Don Quijote--Fairview

Rosie

Not for about a year and a half. Frankly its never impressed me that much. Over the past seven or eight years I've been there maybe six times. Not bad, mind you, just kind of boring compared to most anything you can find in Newark, or Tapas de Espana in nearby North Bergen.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Rosie, is it possible that the recommendation was actually for Don Quijote in Newark?

Don Quijote

248 Mulberry St

Newark, NJ 07102-3528

Phone: (973) 643-3996

I've never been... but I seem to recall being told it was decent by other people.

There's also a place called "Meson Madrid" right near Don Quijote (the Fairview one), which I seem to recall is just as good or better.

Meson Madrid

343 Bergen Boulevard

Palisades Park NJ 07650

201-947-1038

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Meson Madrid was disappointing the last two times we went, which was probably over a year or two ago. Soggy and floppy patatas fritas, overcooked seafood. Tough steaks.

No point in going with Tapas de Espana being so close.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Rosie, is it possible that the recommendation was actually for Don Quijote in Newark?

Don Quijote

248 Mulberry St

Newark, NJ 07102-3528

Phone: (973) 643-3996

I've never been... but I seem to recall being told it was decent by other people.

There's also a place called "Meson Madrid" right near Don Quijote (the Fairview one), which I seem to recall is just as good or better.

Meson Madrid

343 Bergen Boulevard

Palisades Park NJ 07650

201-947-1038

The address I was given was 344 Bergen Blvd, Fairview

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE