• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help needed finding a blender part

GRoston

I just called KitchenAid about my blender, model KSB5BU3. Found out that we bought this 20 years ago and that they no longer have parts for it.

This blender, like most (?), has a jar and a blade assembly, and between the two is a gasket. When used, my blender leaks a little and I strongly suspect that a new gasket would solve the issue. Question: Can you please direct me to the proper part? Bonus question: Can you name any place in southeast Michigan that sells this part?

• Sad 1

I once needed a part for a KitchenAid appliance, in this case a new work bowl for a mini chopper.  I went to my favourite kitchen store and they 

checked and said KitchenAid didn't stock that part.  The owner went on to tell me that, generally speaking, KitchenAid has a poor track record of stocking spare parts.  I no longer buy KitchenAid products.  Hope you have better luck.

• Like 1