• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating for 14 Days in a Korean Quarantine Facility

liuzhou

This is a great article from Eater, entitled "How I Ate My Way Through 14 Days in a Korean Quarantine Facility". Basically a diary of the writer's experience in a situation where the only relief is his meals. Great looking food, too.

Two weeks in a Korean quarantine facility took my sense of time, space, and rational thought — but never my appetite

I almost want to go to Korea and be locked up for 14 days!

I guess I should emphasise we are talking about SOUTH Korea!

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Thank you for posting this.  Utterly fascinating and truly touching.  The funny thing is that almost none of the food appealed to me, yet I was riveted by his story and so happy at the end when he got to give his mom the "biggest hug".  Universal feelings about food and family and the appreciation of what one has.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

The funny thing is that almost none of the food appealed to me, yet I was riveted by his story

I was kind of the same. Korean food isn't my favourite, but I may reappraise it after reading that and seeing the pictures.

• Like 4

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Thanks for posting this. Makes me think I was born into the wrong culture. I so enjoy a meal made up of so many different tastes and textures. After almost 13 months in lockdown I have to say that 14 days sounds like a cakewalk.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog