• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

made no sense

21 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

One of Time magazine's 100 best inventions of 2021:  Sfoglini Cascatelli

Editing as the first post lost a paragraph and photo did not fit the copy. Dyslexic brain function. 

A mini road trip to the Catskills we listened to the entire pod cast series. Really enjoyed the process. Good for him. I thought it was well produced with all the cast of characters. Patent pending and the insistence of licensing that bronze dyes be used instead of teflon. TJ's will give it a lower price point and has the experience and funding to go full throttle into production. 

Your dish above using Cascatelli looks amazing. Nice hold on the pesto in the folds. I've been a bronze dye convert for years. Microscopic sandpaper surface. Misfits has had a bronze dye brand for a few months now I've stocked up on. I will admit that the first 'cascatelli' release---I could not get basic good bronze dye spaghetti on the stove fast enough. His shape gave me shivers at first look. Visually not what I look for usually.  

The last memorable moment jumping on a food item---the NewYorker article about RanchoGordo. I've never been a 'club' food person. I was a bean club member within a hour. 11,000 members. 35,000 now on the wait list that he just cannot accommodate. A few dozen, maybe more, co-workers and friends, jumped as well. I do get pantry over-stock but such a great gift. 

---most of my post deleted above. Apologies it makes no sense a bit. Re-posting is a time suck. 

Annie_H

Annie_H

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

One of Time magazine's 100 best inventions of 2021:  Sfoglini Cascatelli

1791022855_VALCANOPASTA.thumb.png.bdb8a415dde7435c982c861e3dda6977.pngupply 2020 where it was stuck in import purgatory. (BigPasta)

Your dish using Cascatelli looks amazing. Nice hold on the pesto in the folds. I've been a bronze dye convert for years. Microscopic sandpaper surface. Misfits has had a bronze dye brand for a few months now I've stocked up on. I will admit that the first 'cascatelli' release---I could not get basic good bronze dye spaghetti on the stove fast enough. His shape gave me shivers. Visually not what I look for. 

The last memorable moment jumping on a food item---the NewYorker article about RanchoGordo. I've never been a 'club' food person. I was a bean club member within a hour. 11,000 members. 35,000 now on the wait list that he just cannot accommodate. A few dozen, maybe more, co-workers and friends, jumped as well. I do get pantry over-stock but such a great gift. 

Also like the Visuvio shape. 

Mid March 2020 I had a healthy 5yr old Eataly gift card in my wallet. (no expiration date). Went nuts on pasta. 

---most of my post deleted above. Apologies it makes no sense a bit. Re-posting is a time suck.