• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Cola I've ever had

ImportantElements

Guys, 

So Im a huge Cola fan, and for the long time I thought that the only good cola was the original, the one and only. The giant we all know :)

My buddy always kept making fun of me that I havent tried the best cola yet. Friend of mine lives in a different city, so every time he comes to visit me he brings this crazy Double Cola drink. Apparently its super hard to find on the west coast. Only some shops in Arizona have them around here. Well according to him hahahaha. 

The other day we went to a local shop called the Rocket Fizz Soda Pop and Candy shop, I was blown away at the ammount of sodas that you can buy there. I always thought that there were maybe 4-5 types of Cola, BOY WAS I WRONG

We bought a bunch of different colas and decided to find out, which one is actually pretty damn good. 

I recorded a review for you guys :)

What is your favorite Cola ? 

Food blogging zombie

My Instagram

My YouTube Channel

Jolt in tall cans is now available at about half of the Dollar General stores in the US. Here's an interactive Jolt finder. Some BevMo locations carry some flavors in bottles (cherry cola, blue, redeye, diet) but weirdly enough the one near me does not carry the regular cola.

• Like 1

@Lisa Shock.... I love Jolt.  It was my go-to drink during mid-terms and finals week all through college.  Forever shall I be indebted to its inventors. That extra boost saved me. 

Otherwise, its Faygo.  Not sure if that's just a Detroit thing, or what.  I remember walking barefoot in the Rouge, down Genessee, around the corner to the drugstore getting Faygo with my big brother.  Cola mainly, but there was the grape, redpop, orange, rock -n -rye, cream soda, etc.... for when I wanted something different.   

• Like 1

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any Southerner will tell you: An original 6 1/2 oz glass-bottle Co'Cola. With a bag of salted peanuts poured in it.

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

• 1 year later...

Southern MN has a small production of a line called Spring Valley soda. Made with cane sugar. Every one of that line is my favorite, and yes, there's a cola.

A close runner-up is a Santa Fe, NM line called Blue Sky soda.  The cola, root beer and dark cherry are so, so good!

• Like 1

Being a Southerner, I have to cast my vote for good ol' Co-Cola. Specifically in my case, Diet Coke, as I got in the habit of them years ago and now a regular Coke tastes way too sweet.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

TAB by Coke.    It had an edge not found in original, diet, and certainly not in the "Edsel"esque new Coke.     Of course, they killed off Tab.    Diet Coke was never comparable.   

Edited by Margaret Pilgrim (log)
  • Like 2

eGullet member #80.