• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

14 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I put this in a bean cookbook topic but thought I'd add it here as well:

The Kindle version of Bold Beans (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) is currently on sale for $1.99 in the US and Canada.

I have the hard copy version of the book, have cooked several recipes and quite like it. The author started a company that sells jarred beans in the UK so most of the recipes call for jarred or canned beans rather than starting from dried but she also gives instructions for using dried beans.

The subtitle pun alone is worth 2 bucks. "Recipes to get your pulse racing", indeed! 😂

• Haha 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

The subtitle pun alone is worth 2 bucks. "Recipes to get your pulse racing", indeed! 😂

I had digital credits, so my copy was free!

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

• 4 weeks later...

The Kindle version of Diana Henry's Roast Figs, Sugar Snow: Food to warm the soul (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) is currently on sale for $0.99 on Amazon in the US, Canada and the UK. 

This is the 20th anniversary update of the original and contains some new recipes. 

Edited to add:  Same price on Apple Books

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Several Kindle cookbook deals crossed my email and consciousness this morning.

Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) for $3.99 (Lukins, Ross and a host of other authors)

Something Warm from the Oven: Baking Memories, Making Memories (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Eileen Gouge, $3.99

Preserving Italy: Canning, Curing, Infusing, and Bottling Italian Flavors and Traditions (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Domenica Marchetti, $2.99

The Great Book of French Cuisine (eG-friendly Amazon.com link), Henri-Paul Pellaprat (with intro by Jeremiah Tower), $3.99.

• Like 2

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• Like 2

And the hits keep coming! I know that C. Kimball and Milk Street triggers strong reactions amongst some of our membership, but at $1.99 this one looks good enough for me to take a flyer on it.

Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)  $1.99

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smithy said:

And the hits keep coming! I know that C. Kimball and Milk Street triggers strong reactions amongst some of our membership, but at $1.99 this one looks good enough for me to take a flyer on it.

Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)  $1.99

You devilish enabler, you.  I can scarcely believe I'm considering this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 3

Jeepers, creepers. While I was buying the Pepin cookbook, this popped up:

The Puglian Cookbook: Bringing the Flavors of Puglia Home Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Viktorija Todoroskva, also $2.99.

That led me to another of her books:

The Sardinian Cookbook: The Cooking and Culture of a Mediterranean Island Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) $2.99

I'm going to stop now.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...