• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

Fix typo & add comment

1 hour ago, Tere said:

If they are in the kale / Swiss chard / Spring green food group I reckon they could work up to Canada for sure. Certainly worth an experimental bed if you like them :)

Collards like a really long, hot growing season. That's why I never grew them when I lived in New England. But that was 20 yrs ago and there may be "quick collards" now for all I know. 

Here in Florida they grow like weeds but the bugs love them 

ETA - nevermind, I was thinking about okra. It's okra that likes a long hot growing season. We plant collards here in the subtopics in early spring and again in the fall 

kbjesq

kbjesq

1 hour ago, Tere said:

If they are in the kale / Swiss chard / Spring green food group I reckon they could work up to Canada for sure. Certainly worth an experimental bed if you like them :)

Collards like a really long, hot growing season. That's why I never grew them when I lived in New England. But that was 20 yrs ago and there may be "quick collards" now for all I know. 

Here in Florida they grow like weeds but the bugs love them