• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone used a Breville Boss blender (sold as Sage in the UK)?

deckard

I'm considering buying a Breville Boss blender (sold as Sage here the UK).

Anyone on here have experience using one?

I own a Thermomix but it doesn't blend things quite as smooth as I'd like. Looking at the Breville instead of a Vitamix as the jar/blades seem better designed to pull ingredients down without tamping.

Couple of things I'm trying to find out:

• Does it blend significantly better than a Thermomix?
  • Is there a noticeable difference to how smooth it blends compared to the Vitamix?

Thanks Palo - I had read the Serious Eats article, it didn't give a detailed comparison of the smoothies/purees from the Blenders apart from saying the Breville doesn't  "quite stack up to the Vitamix or BlendTec in terms of pure blending".

I don't have any direct experience with the Breville but a friend of ours bought one a few months back and returned it to buy a Vitamix. They said they really prefer the Vitamix over Breville. I know we have a Vitamix and really love it.

• Like 1

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I have both a Thermomix and a Vitamix - and frankly, I prefer the Thermomix for pretty well everything. Can't say I really find 'tamping' that big a deal with the Vitamix though. No experience however with a Breville / Blendtec - sorry.

Edited by Deryn (log)
  • Like 1