• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

World's Best Chefs (National Geographic Channel)

btbyrd

This series looked amazing, but it wasn't broadcast in the US -- at least I never found a listing for it when it first aired (and I did some real digging). Many of the chefs covered are personal heroes of mine, and those who aren't are interesting enough for me to want to learn more about them. There are episodes dedicated to Massimo Bottura, Michel Bras, Andoni Aduriz, Joan Roca, Grant Achatz, Jose Andres, Alex Atala, Gaston Acurio, Juan Mari Arzak, Michel Guerard, Daniel Humm, and Ferran Adria. I would love to watch them all, but can't find it anywhere. Did anyone manage to watch this series? Does anyone know of a place or region where you can stream it online?

• Like 1

I also think it looks fabulous. I fired off a few emails to various people involved with Fox Int'l Channels Asia and also National Geo People, based on contact info on the sites. I am not sure that I will even get a reply let alone info about being able to view, but at least they will know there is some interest in the show outside of the viewing region. But because of broadcast restrictions, it may not be possible to rebroadcast. 

Still, I will remain hopeful. I could not see any other way of viewing it. although someone at Chefsteps said this:

https://www.chefsteps.com/forum/posts/new-tv-show-the-worlds-best-chefs

I did receive a reply from the Director of Client Services (Regional Advertising) in Hong Kong, and he says:

Sadly, Nat Geo US has not aired or plans  to air World's Best Chefs.

I’m not sure I can help any further as I only could help if you were in Asia. 

So, maybe someone in Asia could get further?  Or maybe it would be worthwhile for someone else to try to contact Nat Geo US? I haven't found a good contact list for US programming yet. Anyone else willing to give it a shot?

It seems that the series is also airing in Spain and France on Fox network channels.  Hopefully that means that Fox can bring it to the States, too.

In the meantime, I found a longer trailer for the show:

Maybe someone should fire off a suggestion to the GustoTV folks that they try to track down the series to use on their channel.

I've done that, will see what response i get. Though I think Fox is the best chance. Still haven't found a good contact email. Anyone else? 

Edited by FauxPas (log)