• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pastry Bars (rectangular metal bars pictured in book): Where to get them?

I've only googled in Australia for them with no success, maybe they are called something different by suppliers they are tough to find here. When I get some more time to research more thoroughly i'll report back.

Or if someone has some success post them up here.

Getting off topic for a short while, love to have a forum for sourcing items in Australia, with suppliers etc.

So we have a sticky post with Equipment and then list suppliers, and also Ingredients.

Maybe when i have more time i'll do this with what I have so far, moving house over the next month so not really feasible.

But back on topic now. Look forward to hearing from others.

Caramel rulers are just extruded aluminum square bars. In the states they are extremely expensive. It is much cheaper to find a metals dealer and have them cut you aluminum bars to size. I got a full set for about $20, they just needed a quick cleaning in lightly acidified water. You might have better luck and save some money finding a metal dealer rather than caramel rulers.