• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Niu Rou Juan Bing Chinese Beef Roll

Ader1

• 3 weeks later...

Try searching for jian bing. I found a bunch of recipes for the pancake and some youtube videos.

I think jianbing (煎饼) is something else.

I think the outside of niurou juan bing is cong you bing (scallion pancake - the flakier type -- should be lots of recipes for different styles of this online), and then there's usually suan cai, cilantro, and marinated beef inside. Usually, I think people eat these at restaurants, since it's a lot of trouble to make at home, especially if you make everything from scratch (you can buy pretty decent frozen cong you bing and suan cai at good Chinese markets, though).

With the disclaimer that I've never eaten or made this dish (I'm a vegetarian), I found at least one recipe in English by doing a quick web search; there are probably some more out there.

http://kennys-eats.b...n-pancakes.html

Edited by Will (log)