• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

KFC 2012–

Toliver

KFC is launching a chicken sandwich salvo in the Chicken Sandwich War:

"KFC Is Adding A New MASSIVE Chicken Sandwich To Menus That It's Calling Its 'Best Ever'"

One look at this new KFC Chicken Sandwich will give you heart eyes. It's made with a quarter-pound, all-white meat, double-breaded, ExtraCrispy chicken breast filet (whew) on a toasted brioche bun and topped with thicker, crispy pickles and either mayo or spicy sauce. It's also made-to-order, so you'll know it's hot and fresh and ready to go.

If you find the sandwich at a KFC near you, please take one for the team and report back on your impression/experience of the sandwich. :B

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

On 1/7/2021 at 2:40 PM, Toliver said:

KFC is launching a chicken sandwich salvo in the Chicken Sandwich War:

"KFC Is Adding A New MASSIVE Chicken Sandwich To Menus That It's Calling Its 'Best Ever'"

If you find the sandwich at a KFC near you, please take one for the team and report back on your impression/experience of the sandwich. :B

I'll watch for it.  As I said before, the closest restaurant to us is a KFC that we've never been to in the all the years we've lived here.  But if it turns up there, I'll stop and get one.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

@Kim Shook I could have sworn in your blog you tried one of their chicken wraps? I’ll re-read it, it’s one of my favorites (your blog not the wrap)! 

Thank you!  I might have.  Were they small?  I often can't manage big sandwiches, so I try smaller ones (like the small Big Mac or slider-types) when available.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 11:00 PM, MetsFan5 said:

@Kim Shook I could have sworn in your blog you tried one of their chicken wraps? I’ll re-read it, it’s one of my favorites (your blog not the wrap)! 

You are GOOD!  I was searching for something and came across that reference in my blog - in 2008 I stopped on the way to another office I was working at that day and bought one for a small lunch.  It is even the one that is near us!  Quite a memory you have!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope this isn't a thread derailment, but I just watched a video from a Youtube cook I follow and he presented what I thought was a very interesting history of KFC and the much debated "11 herbs and spices".  It truly takes on an air of international corporate intrigue, far from its Kentucky origins.

The End The Final KFC Recipe Video - KFC secret Ingredients revealed - Glen And Friends Cooking