• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Karaku Restaurant, Asian Fusion in Seymour, CT!

Scargo

This place is almost hidden in Klarides Village shopping plaza (the small center just up 63 from Highway 8). It's been open about a month. When we went in about 6:30, they were empty. This made me very nervous. The place looks nice inside and the staff was friendly. Within an hour they were pretty busy!

We had a sashimi sampler and everything was first-rate. I was mildly surprised. The dark, miso-like soup was very good. I had shrimp tempura and SO had chicken pad thai. Everything but the large amount of bland salad dressing on the house salad (where soup or salad comes with any entree), was very good.

We will definitely go back. It is reasonably priced, as well. Their wine selection is fairly poor yet they seem to concentrate on cold and hot saki...

I'm going to be a little more adventurous next time and see what they do with beef.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...