• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Connect

dividend

I keep hearing commercials on AM radio for Fresh Connect Kansas City, and have heard of similar delivery grocery services in larger cities. So today I finally googled it:

http://www.freshconnectkc.com/

It looks like it could be a good alternative to schlepping out to Whole Paycheck in the CSA off-season, but I can't tell just by looking at the website if it's a worthwhile deal, and it looks like you have to sign up for ongoing delivery versus a week at a time. Anyone have any experience with it, or similar services?

"Nothing you could cook will ever be as good as the $2.99 all-you-can-eat pizza buffet." - my EX (wonder why he's an ex?)

My eGfoodblog: My corner of the Midwest

Thanks for posting this. We subscribed to a similar service in southern California prior to moving here. It was great! I've been looking for a CSA, but everything that sounds good has a waiting list. This looks to be a good alternative and it offers much more than just the produce/fruit offered by the one in California. I haven't read all the details yet, but it looks like you don't even have to subscribe and can just purchase what you want. I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Deb

Liberty, MO