• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wedding for 12 in Manhattan. With a view?

Atomic Lunch

I am tying the knot and not making a huge fuss about it. Immediate-family-only is keeping our numbers under a dozen (probably 10) and we don't need a storybook wedding. We do want a kick-butt dinner, though. Ideally the space would have a great view or a ton of charm. The food should be awesome. And if the space were big enough to bang out that whole ceremony part, well, that's bonus.

Asiate is already on our short list. Any other suggestions? Strong, strong strong preference to stay in Manhattan.

Oh, and I know some of you are going to suggest that we just get a big table somewhere, but for a wedding dinner we really do need a bit of privacy. Not necessarily a whole banquet hall, but think back on some dinners you've had spoiled by an obnoxious tourist at the next table, and imagine if that were your wedding. At least some privacy is a must.

I second the Eleven Madison space. We threw my sister-in-law's shower there and it was lovely. Also, Gramercy Tavern, Le Bernardin, The Modern (overlooking the sculpture garden) and Blue Hill have private rooms.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out, especially EMP.

As far as budget, I reached out to Per Se and it's out of my league. I'm on more of an Asiate budget. I think I'll save Per Se for a romantic dinner for two and not bring the rest of the family along. :)