• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Piscataway Restaurants

Randi

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Piscataway? I am going to see a play at Circle Players and meeting some friends for dinner beforehand.

I was thinking of Al Dente but it might be too pricey for some.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Iirc, Piscataway is a wasteland of chain restaurants...do you have time to go across the river to New Brunswick? Far better choices there, and with RU out on break, it shouldn't be as nutty as it usually is...

And/or what's in Highland Park?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

It's been a few years since I've to Piscataway to eat, but my recollection is the same as Curlz's--chains. I don't know what's there now, but it was Bennigan's and Pizzeria Uno on Stelton Road, and that's about it.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

Can't help you with anything in Piscataway, but, just over the bridge into New Brunswick is SoHo On George. Been there several times, not in the last 6 months or so, but each time I have enjoyed it a great deal.

Edited by ELA (log)

Thanks for the responses. I wanted to stay close to the theater and we almost ended up at Spain Inn (not far at all) but we went to Longhorn. Yeah. I know.

But it didn't suck! :shock:

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne